End-to-end testing two-factor authentication with EmailSchedule a Demo
Two-factor authentication (2FA) refers to using a second measure beyond user name and password for verifying the identify of a user attempting to login. The most common methods of 2FA are email verification, text/SMS-based verification, or using an authentication application, otherwise known as an authenticator.
2FA with Email is an essential part of building a secure application, but for a variety of reasons, it's also hard to test end-to-end:
- Testing 2FA with Email requires taking steps in multiple browser windows, or sometimes cross-device
- If using tools like Selenium or Cypress, testing with Email might require using complicated APIs
What's the easiest way to test 2FA with Email?
walrus.ai enables engineers to test 2FA using Email without any of the pain:
- No need to handle the setup account details or credentials for Email — walrus.ai handles that on their end
- No integrating with complex Email APIs
- Writing the test takes minutes, because it's just plain English
A one-size-fits-most end-to-end test for 2FA with Email using walrus.ai:
2name: 'Email 2FA'
5 - 'Login'
6 - 'Verify a code is received via Email'
7 - 'Enter the code and submit'
8 - 'Verify login is successful'
What does the result look like?