⚙️Operations Lead (Remote)🌎 San Francisco, CA / Remote
Why this role?
- Build a product (and team) that solves real problems: At walrus.ai, we're building tools that eliminate the tedium and pain of building reliable applications.
- Build the foundations of an operations team at walrus.ai: This is our first full-time operations role. You will be instrumental in setting up the org for success, and helping us define our long-term operations strategy.
- Help shape our product: By interacting with customers, you will develop insights that help us improve and better serve those customers.
- Build a company from the ground up: By joining walrus.ai in the earliest stages, you'll fundamentally impact how we grow. You'll get to talk to customers, close deals, hire team members, and see your work adopted by the world's leading technology companies. And have a blast doing it.
About this role
walrus.ai is a new approach to making web apps reliable. We are an expert-in-the-loop platform that uses a combination of human intelligence and computer execution to deliver testing from simple, plain-English instructions.
As the first dedicated operations lead, you will...
Scale and manage our distributed operations team
- Hire, train, and manage the members of our quality operations team, who facilitate test execution for our customers (the experts in our expert-in-the-loop platform)
- Partner with product and engineering to improve our internal tooling
- Build dashboards to monitor operational efficiency, customer happiness, and product quality / reliability
Drive our customer support and account management strategy
- Partner with product and engineering to triage and solve issues that our customers report
- Create and maintain internal knowledge libraries and contribute to the creation of user-facing content
Interface with customers to drive positive outcomes
- Onboard new customers, collect customer feedback, and partner with product and engineering to drive product improvements
- Help build our customer success function
This might be a fit for you if...
- You have prior experience, or a willingness to learn the ins-and-outs of quality assurance or automated testing
- You are passionate about the customer experience and making life simpler with technology
- You are a systems-thinker, and can interface with both internal teams, as well as customers
- You have strong communication skills and can work with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have strong analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- You are able to collaborate effectively with peers and across teams that are located in multiple timezones
We believe in empowering and delighting our customers. The biggest part of that is listening to them, when they’re happy, and when they’re frustrated. Before making any hard decision, listen to different points of view, collect as much insight as possible, and move forward with conviction. Don’t bring the ego in the building.
“One who carries a cat by the tail learns something one can learn in no other way.”
- Mark Twain
Failure is embraced, as long as you learn something from it.
We believe in curiosity, and first-principles reasoning. All ideas are welcome, and debate is embraced. We aim for clarity of thought, and collecting diverse points of view, from our team, and our customers.
Keep it simple
“Stock is the backbone of good cooking, just roast some bones, roast some vegetables, put them in a big pot with water, and reduce and reduce and reduce.”
- Anthony Bourdain
Whether cooking, writing a book or managing your workload, boiling ideas down to their essence, and bringing elegant simplicity to complex systems are the backbones of operational excellence.
Our commitment to diversity
Building a team with diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives is the only way we will ever achieve our most ambitious goals. Actions stem from principles, and our commitment to building a diverse team influences walrus.ai at every level of the company, from how we hire, to how we conduct meetings.
- 🏠 Remote work subsidy: $1,000 to deck out your home office!
- 🏥 Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 🍼 Flexible parental leave for new parents
- 🌴 Flexible time off schedule: take time when you need it
- 🏋🏽♀️ Health subsidy: for physical or mental wellbeing
- 🎁 "Treat yourself" days: Mandatory day off every quarter to do what you want, on us
Does this sound like you?
Please reach out to us, and one of the co-founders will get back to you ASAP. We look forward to hearing from you!
walrus.ai provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.