👩🏽💻Full-Stack Software Engineer (Remote)🌎 San Francisco, CA / Remote
Why this role?
- Build a product that you would genuinely love to use: At walrus.ai, we're building tools that eliminate the tedium and pain of building reliable applications. You are your own customer.
- Solve technical challenges that have the potential to help every developer in the world: Anything written in code can use testing, and we want to be the market-leading solution for reliability
- Build a company from the ground up: By joining walrus.ai in the earliest stages, you'll fundamentally impact how we grow. You'll get to talk to customers, close deals, hire team members, ship code, and see your work adopted by the world's leading technology companies. And have a blast doing it.
About this role
walrus.ai is a new approach to testing and ensuring confidence in complex web applications. Through a combination of human intelligence and computer execution, we offer quick and reliable monitoring and testing from simple, plain-English instructions. As part of the engineering team, you will:
- Work closely with the rest of the team (engineering, product, design) to define and implement new features from start to finish, with clean and well-tested code (dev-ops, server, client).
- Build, maintain, and continuously improve our internal automation tooling to ensure quick and reliable test results for our clients.
- Build and maintain infrastructure and monitoring such that our clients are consistently having the best possible experience.
This might be a fit for you if...
- You have experience building and maintaining software used by consumers or businesses
- You are proficient in front-end technologies
- You understand, and care deeply about the ramifications of the code you write, on the customer, and on the business
- You are comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of iteration of an early-stage startup
- You are resourceful and will do whatever it takes to deliver delightful customer experiences.
We believe in empowering and delighting our customers. The biggest part of that is listening to them, when they’re happy, and when they’re frustrated. Before making any hard decision, listen to different points of view, collect as much insight as possible, and move forward with conviction. Don’t bring the ego in the building.
“One who carries a cat by the tail learns something one can learn in no other way.”
- Mark Twain
Failure is embraced, as long as you learn something from it.
We believe in curiosity, and first-principles reasoning. All ideas are welcome, and debate is embraced. We aim for clarity of thought, and collecting diverse points of view, from our team, and our customers.
Keep it simple
“Stock is the backbone of good cooking, just roast some bones, roast some vegetables, put them in a big pot with water, and reduce and reduce and reduce.”
- Anthony Bourdain
Whether cooking, writing a book or managing your workload, boiling ideas down to their essence, and bringing elegant simplicity to complex systems are the backbones of operational excellence.
Our commitment to diversity
Building a team with diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives is the only way we will ever achieve our most ambitious goals. Actions stem from principles, and our commitment to building a diverse team influences walrus.ai at every level of the company, from how we hire, to how we conduct meetings.
- 🏠 Remote work subsidy: $1,000 to deck out your home office!
- 🏥 Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 🍼 Flexible parental leave for new parents
- 🌴 Flexible time off schedule: take time when you need it
- 🏋🏽♀️ Health subsidy: for physical or mental wellbeing
- 🎁 "Treat yourself" days: Mandatory day off every quarter to do what you want, on us
Does this sound like you?
Please reach out to us, and one of the co-founders will get back to you ASAP. We look forward to hearing from you!
walrus.ai provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.