🧧Account Executive (Remote)🌎 San Francisco, CA / Remote
Why this role?
- Sell a product that solves real problems: At walrus.ai, we're building tools that eliminate the tedium and pain of building reliable applications.
- Build the foundations of a sales team at walrus.ai: This is our first full-time account executive role. You will be instrumental in setting up the org for success, and helping us define and scale our sales motion.
- Help shape our product: By interacting with customers, you will develop insights that help us improve and better serve those customers.
- Build a company from the ground up: By joining walrus.ai in the earliest stages, you'll fundamentally impact how we grow. You'll get to talk to customers, close deals, hire team members, and see your work adopted by the world's leading technology companies. And have a blast doing it.
About this role
walrus.ai is a new approach to making web apps reliable. Through a combination of human intelligence and computer execution, we offer quick and reliable monitoring and testing from simple, plain-English instructions.
As the first member of the sales team, you will...
- Accelerate the growth & adoption of Walrus.ai in the market
- Manage the full cycle of customer acquisition from prospecting, to demo, to close
- Partner with engineering and customer success to build proofs of concepts for leads
- Help define our sales motion, operations, and tooling
This might be a fit for you if...
- You have 4+ years of closing experience in B2B technology sales
- You are comfortable communicating technical ideas to technical people
- You have a track record of achieving or exceeding aggressive goals
- You can put yourself in others’ shoes and see situations from perspectives other than your own
We believe in empowering and delighting our customers. The biggest part of that is listening to them, when they’re happy, and when they’re frustrated. Before making any hard decision, listen to different points of view, collect as much insight as possible, and move forward with conviction. Don’t bring the ego in the building.
“One who carries a cat by the tail learns something one can learn in no other way.”
- Mark Twain
Failure is embraced, as long as you learn something from it.
We believe in curiosity, and first-principles reasoning. All ideas are welcome, and debate is embraced. We aim for clarity of thought, and collecting diverse points of view, from our team, and our customers.
Keep it simple
“Stock is the backbone of good cooking, just roast some bones, roast some vegetables, put them in a big pot with water, and reduce and reduce and reduce.”
- Anthony Bourdain
Whether cooking, writing a book or managing your workload, boiling ideas down to their essence, and bringing elegant simplicity to complex systems are the backbones of operational excellence.
Our commitment to diversity
Building a team with diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives is the only way we will ever achieve our most ambitious goals. Actions stem from principles, and our commitment to building a diverse team influences walrus.ai at every level of the company, from how we hire, to how we conduct meetings.
- 🏠 Remote work subsidy: $1,000 to deck out your home office!
- 🏥 Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 🍼 Flexible parental leave for new parents
- 🌴 Flexible time off schedule: take time when you need it
- 🏋🏽♀️ Health subsidy: for physical or mental wellbeing
- 🎁 "Treat yourself" days: Mandatory day off every quarter to do what you want, on us
Does this sound like you?
Please reach out to us, and one of the co-founders will get back to you ASAP. We look forward to hearing from you!
walrus.ai provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.